This week we will take a look at Jonah, with guest preacher, Ken Hover, to determine just how much we can see ourselves in this well known, reluctant servant of God.
INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS FOR EASTERTIDE:
Eugene Englert’s “He is Risen, Alleluia!”
Diane Withiam, vocals & piano; Glenn Withiam, narration & video editing;
Holly Hardie, photography
Fauré’s “Panis Angelicus”
Sharon Powell, piano; M. Turner, visuals & video editing
“When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”
Sharon Powell, piano & video editing
WEEKLY SUNDAY WORSHIP SCHEDULE:
9:15AM Musical prelude & slideshow of photos submitted by members and friends of Lansing United on YouTube.
9:30AM Worship livestream on YouTube.
10:30AM Coffee hour virtual fellowship time following worship. Check our Events page for today’s link.
JOYS & CONCERNS:
During live service, you can share your prayer requests in the group chat, which can be found to the right of the service in your browser window, or below it (scroll down) if you watch the service fullscreen.
During the week, email requests to be added to our prayer list to email@example.com or send private requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. In either case, include the subject line “Prayer Request.”
SUGGESTIONS FOR WORSHIP:
*If you have multiple people in your household, watch together on the largest screen in your home.
*Light a candle at the beginning of worship, to help you claim that time and space as a time to be present to God, together.
- Permission to reprint, podcast, and/or stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license #A-730352. All rights reserved.
- Miller, Mark. “In the Stillness.” Original music ©Worship Design Studio used with permission. www.worshipdesignstudio.com.
- “Vessels Holy and Whole.” Original music ©Worship Design Studio used with permission. www.worshipdesignstudio.com/vessels.
- Holy Vessels worship series adapted with permission. www.worshipdesignstudio.com/vessels.
- Heart of the Matter worship series adapted from www.worshipdesignstudio.com.
- Wilson, Sharon, arrangements used with permission.
- Howlett, Greg, arrangements used with permission.
- United Methodist service books referenced in bulletin for hymns and other music: The United Methodist Hymnal; The Faith We Sing; and Worship & Song.